You must be wondering what new and interesting we can tell you about them? In fact, our lips make us unique, extremely beautiful and very sensitive.
Here is what you need to know about them:
- The lips are one of the most sensitive parts of our body. They, along with the nipples on the breasts, have the greatest density of nerve endings that make up about one million! Unfortunately, the lips have no protective membrane to protect them from the environment. This explains why they are such a powerful erogenous zone and why they are so sensitive.
- The lips do not sweat. They do not have sweat glands that play a major role in hydrating the skin, which is why they often crack and wither. This is the reason for them not to have pimples. The dry lips are actually one of the first symptoms of dehydration of the whole body. The easiest way to deal with it is simply to drink more water.
- The lips are unique. In fact, they are like our fingerprints. Around the world there are no two people with the same shape of the lips.
- The color of the lips is actually due to the fact that we actually see the capillaries that are under their membrane because it is transparent. The skin of our lips has only between 3 and 6 layers.
- With age, the lips become thinner. This is because, as we get older, our bodies are starting to produce less collagen. The collagen, in turn, is a protein that is vital to the lips as it forms them.